Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sa-WEET Sarah! Plus a couple other sweet things…

_MG_4831

We are so proud of Sarah and the 6th graders! They put on an awesome musical with the help of an awesome music teacher. What a great way to begin the Christmas season! Those girls with Sarah are the girls she sang in a quartet with for one of the songs.

_MG_4867 Sarah singing in the choir. She sang her heart out to the Lord the whole night. It was so thrilling to watch. I cried through most of the show.

_MG_4916 Sarah’s quartet singing. On the night of the performance, Sarah absolutely nailed her solo part – the best she had ever done! I had intended to video her, but when I turned on the camera, the screen blinked back at me “No Memory Card.” AAAHHH! Shoot. Thankfully, the videographer was doing her thing at the evening performance, so eventually we will have video of her awesome singing.

_MG_5186 Sarah and her dad with the flowers he brought for her after the matinee performance.

_MG_5188 Sarah & her sisters after the evening performance.

_MG_5206Basketball started today – Sarah had 4 points, a rebound, and a couple steals! Way to go! The game was a bit sloppy overall, but it was the first game and they’ve only had 3 practices, so I think her team has potential!

_MG_5221 Sarah’s artwork also won a poster and program contest for their school musical. Here’s Sarah with her poster!

_MG_5223 Hm. Heavenly. I was so excited when I went to Trader Joe’s on Friday and discovered one of my very favorite Christmas treats had arrived on the shelves. They are DELecTaBle. If there weren’t so many in the box I would never share them. They are worth a trip to Trader Joe’s even if that’s the only thing you’re going for. Of course, you have to enjoy dark chocolate, but surely if you are my friend and you are reading this, you also enjoy dark chocolate. Surely.

_MG_5224 And I picked up this fun round chair at the thrift store this week. What a find! We love it…mostly…I find myself setting the timer every 5 minutes so the girls can take turns in it. I’ll be glad when the novelty of it wears off.

Update: Sa-WEET Sarah made me a birthday card this afternoon when she was supposedly doing her homework. She gave me four coupons - one for dusting, one for babysitting, one for her to complete the chore of my choice, and one for breakfast in bed with dad's help. If she just isn't the most amazing kid! Love her.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't know it was this week! I guess I haven't seen you in awhile. Hope you are doing fine without hubby at home :)

dee said...

Please note that this comment is from a completely unbiased source...in my humble opinion, Sarah was the absolute best in the 6th grade musical (my one and only complaint is that her solo should have been longer) and that she truly is a Sa-Weet girl.

Ed / Julie said...

Yeah, you & me both, Dee. :)