Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter 2011

I was scrambling during Holy Week to find the right clothes and shoes for everyone for Easter. I *thought* I was ready. But then. Those children? They grew again. No one had shoes that fit. Etc.

So I shopped. And shopped. And about went nuts. And I know that Easter is not about the clothes and that it’s about the resurrection of our Lord. It’s about new life. And to me, for whatever reason, wearing new clothes is symbolic of that new life. And so. I shopped.

And everyone had something new to wear and they all looked beautiful for our Easter celebration!

_MG_5335

They’re so lovely. But, after a day of picture-taking in the tulips, they weren’t so excited about having more pictures taken. Most of my shots look something like this:

_MG_5321

One set of averted eyes, one making a face, one groaning, and one fake-smiling. It’s just a toss-up of which girl is doing which on each picture.

We had an amazingly joyous and celebratory Easter service and a great dinner at my mom & dad’s, followed by an egg hunt! This year, the girls had some second cousins around so that made for more fun and more challenge!

_MG_5375

Showing off their treasures!

You know that eggs are a symbol of new life, too, right? That’s why we do the egg hunts on Easter. Smile

No comments: