Sunday, May 7, 2017

#sorrynotsorry

Somehow or another, I have gotten even farther behind on my blogging. I didn't really know anyone could be as far behind as I am, but here I am. Way behind. To my faithful reader(s), I'm sorry. And I'm not. Things have been busy and I fully intend to continue to blog, but it just has to be at my own pace. So here it is the beginning of the second week of May and I am about to blog about some more stuff that happened in February. But it's pretty great stuff, so even if it's "old news", I'm sure my reader(s) will want to keep reading.

In February, Ed & I got to visit SARAH!!!! We made the plans initially so we could watch her compete in the MIAA Indoor Track Championships, which were held at Calvin. Unfortunately, she was still recovering from her stress fracture, so we cheered on all the other maroon and gold runners, but we LOVED every minute at the meet and with her, AND with my brother & his family, including the sweet new baby!

Ed & I flew out of Seattle and before we caught our flight, we went to get some food in the food court and "just happened" to run into my cousin from Alaska who was passing through on her way to a ski weekend with her daughters. We had a great lunch together catching up! So fun!


THEN, while we were in a layover in Denver, we *just happened* to run into Ed's cousin's wife from Arizona! She was on her way to Michigan also to see her new grandson that was about to be born! The trip was off to quite a start!


We arrived quite late at night, picked up our car rental and headed to the Prince Conference Center (like a hotel on campus) where we were staying for our long weekend. We didn't get to see Sarah until the next morning. It was SO good to see her. Oh, my heart. Then we took her for another x-ray to check for another stress fracture (thankfully - this one was negative!) and then out for lunch. It's quite an experience to sit in Russ' with your college daughter and talk about classes and beliefs and the ups and downs of life. So blessed.


Then we headed to see my brother & his family and the new baby!!



Over the weekend we had lots of fun with them...looking at fossils, reading books, playing toys, taking pictures, eating food, and enjoying being together. Oh, did I mention my parents were in Michigan at the same time?! That was fun, too! Elise & Becca especially thought so because that meant they got to spend FOUR nights at their best friends' house!

















 


My newest nephew is SUCH a happy guy! We had so much fun holding him and getting a baby fix!

We spent a fair bit of time with Sarah, of course...took her & a friend for dinner, saw her room and her hang-out spots, watched part of track practice, hung out at the meet, helped her with her taxes, went for ice cream at Culver's, walked around campus, did dishes in her dorm kitchen...so good to do life with her for a few days!


Sarah's "little bro" from Lynden was there on a college visit the same weekend.



And yeah, Ed & I had fun walking around our Alma Mater.






Calvin Men & Women were both MIAA Indoor Track & Field Champions!


Oh, I miss that girl. It makes me miss her to look at these pictures, but now she comes home in THIRTEEN DAYS!!

#sorrynotsorry for not blogging regularly... 





No comments: