Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Sound of Music

Before we get to the real blog of the day, I should just give a quick update on "The House that Cleans Itself."
My house does not, and I don't think it ever will, clean itself.
I think the title is just a gimmick to get people like me who hate to clean to buy the book.
Really.
Sure, it has some pretty interesting suggestions on organizing and scheduling your cleaning, but it's pretty much for totally organizing-challenged people...which I am not...at least not most of the time.
One interesting thing it asks the reader to do is to "prayer walk" through your house...kind of like the prayer walks through neighborhoods that some churches do. You're supposed to pray about the room and ask for guidance when organizing and pray for the people that use that room, etc. I haven't tried it yet, but I might.
The author of the book makes another suggestion that I am implementing...and that is to not clean for 3 days.
Can you imagine?
I'm not allowed to do anything cleaning-wise except putting food away and doing the dishes...and that's purely so that food doesn't rot and smell up my house. The author asks you to do this so you can identify "problem areas" in the house and then later figure out how to change the house so that putting things away is easier.
However, I'm doing this because I want to see how long it takes my family to notice. I'll be sure to let you know who notices first, if anyone...maybe I should have a prize for the first one to notice and care and do something about it! Anyone care to wager a guess which of the other four girls or guy in this house it will be?
But anyhoo, the real reason for this blog post is to show you some darn cute videos of my youngest two drama queens. Their favorite song of late is "Do, Re, Mi" from The Sound of Music. I gotta tell ya, Becca gives that cute little Gretl a run for her money. :) Hopefully you have much success watching the videos!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

She is so adorable! What a great voice! Looks like she is going to be a great singer in the future!