Every so often it’s good for a girl to get away with a few of her good friends. It’s an enriching time, and a time of building relationships and becoming in tune to one another. And it’s especially a time to laugh together and learn lots of things, such as:
- Hot coffee should not be microwaved for two minutes.
- Dee can talk anybody into buying anything.
- Four hours in IKEA with only a breakfast cookie is too long.
- There is more than one way to get to Bellevue Square, but you will still get there.
- There is a Safeway Beverage Headquarters in Bellevue…somewhere sort of close to Bellevue Square.
- A piece of Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache, shared between four friends at the Cheesecake Factory, is somewhat akin to drinking together, given the conversations that followed consumption of said cheesecake. Of course, I wouldn’t know anything about “drinking together.”
- Somebody has been to alcoholic counseling, and then picked up garbage for 3 weeks to avoid having the college call her mother. But the beer cans weren’t hers. Really. Her wild oats were all sown loooong before that. (Mom, it wasn’t me.)
- A girls-only cruise sounds like a lot of fun, for reasons that shall not be published.
- Somebody is tanning nude, and it isn’t one of us.
The common purchase of the day was stainless steel colanders, and we posed with them in our favorite white kitchen. I don’t know why the colanders are on our heads. It seemed like a good idea at the time.