Thursday, April 9, 2009

Swimming & Sweets

Since Sarah’s birthday is coming up later this month, and the weekends around her birthday are so busy, we decided to have her party with her school friends during spring break. Amazingly, NONE of her friends were going to be gone for break and ALL of her friends could come on the day we chose for her party! Everyone met at the local swimming pool for about two hours of swimming fun. Then I took all the girls to DQ for blizzards. The girls were so cute – they kept saying, “Really? I can get whatever I want?” I had a couple coupons for free 12 oz. blizzards, and a couple coupons for $1 off, so I was cool with whatever. I then had to bring all the girls home, except for the one who lives the farthest out – her mom was in town and met us to pick up her daughter, which saved me quite a bit of driving time. I don’t think Sarah could possibly come up with a group of friends who all lived farther away from one another. I mapped out a route on Google and it said I would have an hour and 20 minutes of driving time just to bring all those girls home! And I did. The girls of course did not notice the time because they were just all having fun together. It was worth the driving, though, to have the party somewhere other than my house. And my patient mom took care of my other 3 girls so that I didn’t have to worry about them during the party. All in all, it was a great afternoon!

IMG_2457

IMG_2473

IMG_2483

I love the sheer glee on Sarah’s face in this picture!

No comments: