Monday, June 8, 2009

Cousin fun and candle-blowing

Ed’s brother and family have arrived! Apparently all the kids think Uncle Eric is a climbing wall…or that he’s just waiting to be pounded on…or that he’s just so hilarious to tackle…

IMG_4845

And Elise knew just what to do with her cake & candles…she started before we even finished singing!

IMG_4904

Yes, that is a Candyland Cake. It was super fun to make. I got it from Taste of Home and since this was such a special birthday, being able to celebrate with cousins, I let Elise choose that one. Usually I say no to stuff like that. It was so fun to say YES! It is a chocolate cake with a tad bit of white frosting tinted green just so, with Starburst for the colored squares, heart candies, candy canes (not easy to find in June – thanks Amy for saving yours!) Dum Dum suckers, marshmallows, Ju Ju Bees, gum drops, ice cream cones, frosting, rock candy, peanut butter cups, and lots of sprinkles. Seriously. I think that is the most fun I have ever had decorating a cake.

Hopefully I’ll eventually make a web album of the entire cousin visit, but for now I’ll just be posting little tidbits here and there.

2 comments:

k.a.w said...

Awesome cake!!

Melissa said...

I love the family picture, the lighting is great and all the kids are adorable!