Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father’s Day!

My husband is such a great dad – he’s the yes-man. Whenever they ask, “Dad, will you read me a book?” or “Dad, will you throw me up in the air?” or “Dad can I climb up you?” or “Dad, will you do a puzzle with me?” he always says yes. Just today, I asked him to help fry the corn tortillas he wanted for his Father’s Day dinner.

IMG_5941

Would you look at that? He even said yes to the Pooh Bear apron (the only apron in the house that would fit him) so that he didn’t get oil splatters on his nice shirt. Wow. What a guy! But it was worth it for these:

IMG_5942

Yummy! We really enjoyed our dinner of fried corn tortillas with all the taco toppings that Ed chose, so thanks, dear! You may have just converted me from flour tortillas…at least occasionally. And honestly, Ed is a great Dad and we all love him.


IMG_5972


That’s my dad, me, and my girls. My dad is also great and a great grandpa. See the fence & arbor behind him? He built that for me. He does anything for me. That’s cause I’m his only girl. I love that. ;) And plus I live close to him and he’s never been able to say no to me. Just ask my brothers. But, seriously, if they lived close, he’d build them an arbor too. I’m sure of that, cause he flew across the country to install windows for my brothers. He’s pretty handy. And fun to have around. Anyway, here's a tribute to him, written by Sarah:

G is for Great helper for school projects

R is for Really likes the Calvin Alma Mater

A is for Absence of hair (Okay, Sarah didn’t write that one. My baby brother did.)

N is for Naughty but nice

D is for Dad of my Mom

P is for Papa John’s Friday night dinner

A is for A Lumberyard man

:) Love it! Thanks for everything, Dad!

Happy Father's Day also to Erik! We love you and miss you! When are you coming to visit again?




And of course Happy Father's Day across the globe to Jim! Thanks for keeping us updated with your photos, too! We all send our love.


Last Wednesday I had the privilege of taking this sweet baby’s one-year-old portraits:

IMG_5843


She was not exceptionally smiley, and didn’t want to stand, but she didn’t cry and I got some very cute shots. It was so fun!

Thursday Elise decided to comb her own hair:

IMG_5923

Nice. Now you really look like a boy.


All this past week Bethany’s been going to soccer camp. Here she is with her good friend on their last day:

IMG_5928


Saturday I finally found Elise’s webkinz sign-in info, so the girls were “helping” her:

IMG_5938

In case you don’t know, Webkinz are little stuffed animals you can buy (most very cute) that come with an online code so you can play games online with your pet. You can feed it and take it on a carousel and play the “Wheel of Wow”. Don’t ask me what that is. I have no idea. But the girls think it’s the greatest. Whatever floats your boat.

That’s all, folks.

No comments: