Friday, June 5, 2009

Summertime….and the livin is easy

This is what awaited me this morning when I got out of bed at the very late time of 7:50 a.m.

IMG_4688

Yesterday was the last day of school, which meant that the sleeping in has begun. Apparently I forgot to tell the children. But at least they were quiet watching TV and let me sleep!

I promised the M/W morning preschool class I would give this picture to Teacher Leslie:

IMG_4518 They made a chain the entire length of the preschool! What was so cool was that they all participated and did it together. Then when playtime was over I made them disconnect it all because those are the rules. You have to disconnect the chains. They mostly helped me.

Tuesday night I repainted the bathroom. A real color. It’s called “Warm Scones" and it’s very yummy. It’s actually lighter than I thought it would be, which is amazing, because paint always comes out darker than you think. Except for now. But anyway, it’s neutral and not too dark for the small bathroom with no natural light. Of course, it looks kind of the same as it did before I started, unless you stand in the bathroom and look at the wall with the door where you can see the hallway wall too and then you can see that it’s two different colors. Maybe someday I’ll put a second coat on and it’ll be a tad darker, but for now, for the company coming, it’s all done.

IMG_4714 The whole bathroom was designed around this print that I received from an artist named Rosie Harris. She’s local and does the “Really Wooly” line for Dayspring. She did a brunch at our Coffee Break at Christmas with her “gallery walk”. She paints the life of Christ as if He were living in the here and now. In–cred-i-ble. Really. This print is called “The Jacket” and you can’t see it here, but written on the teen girl’s jacket are all the things she is in Christ, like I am holy and I am forgiven and stuff. I was so touched by it and thought – man, that is what I want my girls to grow up seeing and believing every day when they look at themselves in the mirror. That was the whole point of re-doing their bathroom.

I am loving my peonies! Check out the size of this bloom:

IMG_4651

In case you can’t tell, it’s as big as my hand.

IMG_4654 Oooh! Look photography friends! I got dapply light bubbles! Yay for me! I even did it on purpose! I had to practically lay on the ground in the dirt to get the right angle, but I did it. I put to practice something I learned from Melissa and I did it!

IMG_4663

Have I mentioned I love peonies?

Thursday was the last day of school!!!! Here is Sarah with her teachers:

 IMG_4678

IMG_4679

And Bethany with Miss B:

IMG_4681

And Becca with her teacher, my mom. We gave her a little book full of pictures of Becca’s two years at preschool. They had fun looking at it together.

IMG_4685

Speaking of my mom, she bought me a present! To thank  me for teaching for her while she went to my brother’s for the Carter’s birth. She really did not have to, but I am so glad she did!

IMG_4692 How did she know I love purses? Thanks, Mom!!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love your dapply light bubbles, what a great name for them! :) And yep you pretty much have to get down and dirty to get those kinds of shots :) Thanks for the acknowledgment, I feel special!

I love your variegated peonies!