Sunday, August 9, 2009

Welcome Home

There is no photo of the day for today, our first full day at home, August 9. Know why? Because if I took a picture of what today was about, it would be too gross to look at. We discovered this morning that the electrical outlets in the garage had been over-worked and shut themselves off while we were gone, presumably because both the fridge and freezer out there had to work so hard during the heat wave, resulting in no electricity being available for the big chest freezer. In case you aren’t understanding what I am saying, let me put it simply: everything in the freezer thawed. completely. Almost a 1/4 of a cow (roasts, ground beef, steaks). A ham. Jam. Frozen dinners. Orange chicken. Ice cream. And this left a big soggy mess on the bottom of our freezer which we had to clean out today. So. You didn’t really want to see a picture of that, did you? I thought not.

My favorite photo of Saturday, August 1:

_MG_8722

The girls on the beach. I don’t know why Elise isn’t in this picture, though. I’m pretty sure she came with us to the beach, but I don’t have a picture of her down there that afternoon! Oh well.

No comments: