Thursday, December 3, 2009

December 2 & 3

I read an article called “Welcome Home, for the Holidays” online and it was interesting – about how we tend to wish we had all nice new things in our houses this time of year, when really what matters is that we make our house a home. It’s something I strive for anyway – to make it welcoming – but I tend to get so caught up in whatever is going on that I forget to invite people into my home! I hope to do that more in the future.

My assignment for my photo of the day for Dec. 2 was to photograph something warm. The warmest sight I saw yesterday was Becca asleep in her bed, wearing her brand new school sweatshirt that just now finally arrived after being back ordered. She just had to sleep in it, she loves it so much.

_MG_5496

I worked on Christmas gifts and made peanut butter chocolate bars for the girls’ lunches. Today my writing assignment is to talk about the word JOY. Elise Joy. That’s the first thing that came to mind. We gave her the middle name JOY for many reasons, including the fact that we were pretty sure she would be our last child, and our children have brought us so much JOY. “Jesus. Others. You.” That was my next thought. Jesus of course being the source of ultimate and final JOY. And then, just life. This beautiful life that we have been given brings me great JOY.

My photography assignment was to take a photo that represents the idea of JOY. I saw this well-timed idea on my cousin’s wife’s blog. I admit it. I photo-lifted. Thanks, Michele!

_MG_5503_MG_5499_MG_5501

 

 

 

 

 

 

We had fun. :)

I wrote in “My Story of Grace” book for 20 minutes this afternoon and I worked on making return address labels for Christmas cards. That took a while because either Word or the printer was being finicky. Ed had to help, but hey, these are cool assignments I have – I’m accomplishing things and enjoying myself all at the same time!

No comments: