Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gratituesday - a bit late

So, apparently I cannot keep track of the days of the week. I forgot that yesterday was Tuesday and I needed to write my weekly post about what I am grateful for. That however, is a good thing…because…

…today the weather was nice again…

…and I had time to go outside…

…and turn this…

_MG_8126

…into this…

_MG_8129

I think one of my favorite things to do in the yard is to cut off dead stuff so that the new stuff can grow. And since hydrangeas are my favorite shrubs and flowers, I {heart} cutting back the dead hydrangea flower heads once the green little buds appear. I actually forgot to take a “before” picture of the one I did manage to get cut back, so the “before” picture is of another shrub that has yet to be cut back. It will hopefully be nice again another day this week so I can get the other two hydrangeas done.

I also managed to get to my hellebores…I thought I had a few of those, but now there is only one on that side of the house. I may have to invest in a few more. Not sure when I lost them, but it’s pretty wet over on that side of the house, so maybe that’s not so good for them. However, I was very pleased with the one that was there – it has more blooms than it has ever had before!

_MG_8133
I am grateful to have a yard to work in and in which to grow flowers and I am grateful for the promise of Spring and the spiritual lessons I learn when I prune or dig in the dirt or watch the seasons change.

And I am grateful for a warm winter, especially since our friends are leaving this week for a Mexican cruise and they’re going to miss a lovely “warm” week in February in Washington. I’m really just trying to console myself since they’ll be sunning themselves, learning to dance the salsa, drinking margaritas, and snorkeling. I also {heart} snorkeling. So. I’m terribly envious. But I must find things to be grateful for. Like that our friends are not going to miss a week of cold, windy, rainy weather while on their luxury dream vacation of a lifetime. :)

1 comment:

dee said...

I love your blog...I'm really going to miss it when I am sunning myself and drinking little fruity drinks with umbrellas and not making shcool lunches or telling my daughter for the umpteenth time to please pick up her disgusting rubber bands that have been in her mouth and eating lots of food that I didn't have to cook myself....even if it is nice weather back here.