Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Report

My wonderful parents graciously took the girls for today so that Ed & I could work on the booklet for the school’s centennial. We needed some uninterrupted time to get a big chunk of that finished and we did. It was great.

On the way home from picking the girls up, we got The Report. We asked the typical questions, like what did you eat for lunch and dinner, and what games did you play, etc. Bethany is always our most forthcoming child with The Report. Tonight was no exception. Here’s what she said:

We played this game where you had to say what sport you would do in the Winter Olympics and in the Summer Olympics and then you had to act it out!

I said, “Cool! That sounds like fun. What sports did you choose?”

The Report was that Sarah did snowboarding (which Grandma disapproved of) and swimming, until she remembered there was track, and then she did track. Bethany did figure skating and gymnastics, as did Becca. Elise said figure skating, but then acted it out by doing a somersault.

Finally I asked what Grandma & Grandpa chose.

Oh, Grandma did figure skating and diving. (Apparently she tried to grab her skate and lift her foot above her head, but she didn’t quite get halfway).

And what did Grandpa choose?

Grandpa said, “I’m a spectator.”

Seriously.

The Report states that the girls would not let him get away with just being a spectator. So he chose Bobsled. Which I believe also involves sitting.

Track star that he is, he then sprinted back to the couch.

Which was probably all of 2 feet.

Oh my. I giggled all the way home. I don’t usually get good fodder on my father for my blog!

No comments: