Sunday, April 18, 2010

Almost Home

My GEMS training is over and I am back at my brother & sister-in-law’s home. The training was AWESOME. God is doing amazing things in the GEMS ministry and hopefully through me in the GEMS ministry. Stay tuned for more details…someday…when I catch up on my sleep. They kept us busy from 7:45 a.m. until 9;30 p.m. every night, and then we had house devotions after that, and then of course the chatting that happens whenever females of any age are sleeping in the same lodging area with no males. I estimate that I’ve had approximately 10 hours of sleep since Thursday morning.

My nephew loves me and thinks my iPhone is very cool. He is hysterically funny and I have the greatest video of him doing the jibber-jabber toddler thing. It’s on my iPhone and I’ll have to ask Elias how to upload it, because I sure don’t know how.

I got to see my grandma tonight, which was great, because I don’t get to see her very often. She’s a techie-grandma, though, so we stay in touch. :)

Tomorrow I get to hang out with my sister-in-law and nephew and then I get to have lunch with my best friends from college! How amazing is that? Then I fly home and won’t get home until after midnight, which will be actually 3:00 a.m. according to my body’s time clock. But you know, it’s all good. And God will provide the rest I need eventually.

(Hey, are there any fellow GEMS trainees reading this? How’s this for my first step of the goal I set this morning? Remember? PASSION?)

1 comment:

Lenae Bulthuis said...

Read it. Love it! Keep the PASSION, Julie. Love what you're communicating.

Lenae