Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fourth of July Camping Trip

Last weekend, over the Fourth of July, we ventured out camping with some friends from church. Now, camping isn’t really my thing, but I wanted to let the kids have opportunities for stuff like that, plus our neighbors generously offered their trailer for us so I wouldn’t have to sleep on the ground (in which case we wouldn’t have gone), and going camping is a good way to get away from the constant to-do list, and that is something I *really* needed to do. I thought I’d make a list of the things I like and don’t like about camping.

Like: being with family & friends, campfires, adult conversation, no to-do list, walking, s’mores, no phones, Internet, or television.

Dislike: smoke, laundry, the smoke smell still in my hair after being washed 8 times, spiders, laundry, and smoke.

Check out our pictures, which tell more of the story of our camping trip.

1 comment:

Mother Superior said...

Love the pictures - amazing one fella with no shirt and then some with jackets. Looks like fun - we did lots of camping when the girls were young - good family activity. Be sure to ask DeAnn about camping at WalMart - GREAT experience!!
She left yesterday and I miss her alreay.