Sunday, October 3, 2010

More running

Man, all this running makes me tired. My heart pounds and I can hardly catch my breath. My muscles shake.

 

 

_MG_8967 Yeah, I’m talking about watching all this running.

Makes me pretty darn proud, too.

_MG_8959 I doubt I have as much anticipation waiting for the starting gun as these amazing 7th and 8th graders do, but as a proud mama, I can feel it.

_MG_8974 My favorite part (& Sarah’s, too) is being part of a team. Cheering each other on, supporting each other, encouraging each other. Love. It.

Just a tiny bit more bragging…

At the meet pictured here, Sarah got her PR of 11:06, came in 8th place, and sprinted the last 200 yards from 9th place to do so. The girls and boys both took first at this meet, so we’re looking forward to some good years of Cross Country for LC. I mean, they’re only in Junior High! I can’t wait until high school!

Did I really just say that? I can. I can wait until high school. I’m loving these days. If I could just freeze all my girls at this age, I would. I still get love and hugs from them all; I can still pick up and snuggle with my baby; I can leave them home alone with the oldest if I want a date with their daddy; and they are so much fun.

Hopefully I can handle all the running.

No comments: