Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas 2010

When the day finally arrives that my entire family (all 6 of us, plus my parents, plus my two brothers, their wives, and their little boys) is under one roof, we commit ourselves to enjoying every moment. Sometimes we go do stuff, sometimes we play games, sometimes we just chat or tease each other. But we definitely eat lots of food and we take lots of pictures. Bedtime hugs take forever because pretty much everybody hugs everybody else every night, and the dishwasher runs about 4 times a day. There’s music and tickling and hide & seek and worship and prayer and bribery and threats and laughter and annoyances and basketball and Catan (or Carcassonne) and chocolate and coffee and dinosaurs and books and everything else that goes along with one big happy family.

I’ve finally narrowed down and edited my photos and put them onto the web album, along with some pictures from my little bro’s camera. Hopefully my parents and my big bro have some on their cameras as well. Enjoy!

Christmas 2010

2 comments:

Tamara said...

i just looked at all 209 photos. they are fabulous. i LOVE that you anticipated this family gathering all year and it was all you had hoped - and more! you captured not only photos and memories, but moods, emotion and love in those photos. great work. (and you might want to recount the number of puzzle pieces in a photo... there are a few more than "8" there)!! :)

Ed / Julie said...

Hee hee. I thought of that last night in bed. I think the little boys' puzzles had 8 pieces, but the bigger one had more. When I write the captions, the pictures are sooooo tiny, so I couldn't count at the time. ;) But thanks for the encouragement!