Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My very own Cam Jansen

This past week was B.E.A.R. week at school. I’ve blogged about this before. It’s the week when the children are supposed to Be Excited About Reading and not watch TV. They bring books and bears to school all week, make bookmarks, read with other classes, listen to the principal read poems over the intercom, and it all culminates with Book Character Dress-Up Day on Friday. The students and teachers dress up as a book character and they have a parade through the school so everyone can see everyone else’s costume.

Becca’s been reading the Cam Jansen series this year and so we decided she should dress up like Cam herself! Cam is a young female Encyclopedia Brown with a photographic memory. Her only distinguishing feature is her red hair.

So…

_MG_3089

My very own red-headed Cam Jansen! The fluorescent red hair spray is pretty hard to see on her dark hair, but I think we did a decent job!

 

_MG_3109

The red is totally different under the lights at school and the flash of the camera, but here you can see the book, as well as the chocolate bar she’s holding since the book she chose was Cam Jansen and the Chocolate Fudge Mystery. That one was my favorite, too.

I love having my very own Cam Jansen in the house. I always know who to go to when a mystery appears.

No comments: