Friday, July 22, 2011

First full day in Redlands

As I mentioned in the previous post, we arrived in Redlands about 16 hours earlier than previously planned. That meant waking up together, hanging out in jammies, and generally chilling out. So. Nice.

My nephews both took a little time getting used to the girls and us, but that’s to be expected. Ed, the girls, & I left shortly before 10:00 to pay Ed’s grandma a visit, which was really good for everyone. After a lunch which included my SIL’s amazing homemade bread, she & I went and did a little fun shopping (Cost Plus World Market, Target, and an antique shop) while the kiddos played in the sprinkler and on the trampoline. Our evening was full of dinner preparations, eating, laughing, roasting marshmallows, and more trampoline fun. When it got dark the kids played Sardines and are now outside trying to settle down on the trampoline in order to sleep under the stars. We’ll see how long that lasts…

Notable moments:

*When trying to give nephew C a hug, he crawled away to the farthest corner of the room and turned his back to me. He’s not quite used to Aunt Julie yet. Sad smile He actually loves Becca the best out of all the Ball family members.

*My bro told his son J that the lantern outside was a “clapper” and that it would go on and off with his clapping. But really my bro had the remote for the lantern in his pocket. Nephew J thought it was hilarious that he could turn the lantern on and off by clapping, but that clapping didn’t work for any of his girl cousins.

*Nephew J asked, “What are Smurfs?” when we announced it was time for S’mores.

*Lots and lots of giggling.

Saturday is scheduled to be a day of surprises…my bro & SIL have some tricks up their sleeves…

No comments: