Friday, August 26, 2011

iPhone Camera Dump

Sometimes I take pictures with my phone. I have all kinds of cool camera apps that I hardly ever use. I think I don’t use them because of the reasons I use my phone to take pictures in the first place. I find that the reasons I take pictures with my phone are either because A: I want to post that picture on Facebook, or B: I want to email that picture, or C: I want to take a picture really fast, or D: I don’t have my good camera with me. And if those are true, I don’t have either the time or desire to use my cool camera apps that make the picture look old or histagramish or whatever. I really should try to do it, however, because it does give some pretty cool effects.

At any rate, I decided it was time to share some of those photos…some have already been shared via email or Facebook, but some of you faithful readers aren’t on Facebook, so I’m just gonna share them again, so here we go! (Captions follow pictures)

photo-4

Back in June I took this shot on my walk with my honey. It was such a pretty evening.

photo-8

Becca had a playdate with a friend and they made casts for their American Girl dolls. So fun!

photo-7

Elise and her friend made casts for their arms and legs!

photo-9

This fabulous shot was obviously taken by a child who got her hands on my phone…

photo-11

As you can see from the slot machines behind the girls, this was in Las Vegas. We were at the rental car center and I thought our girls on this pile of luggage looked pretty funny amidst the gambling…

photo-12

Ah. This was on our trip. A great little vintage American-Mexican hole in the wall restaurant in Richville…or Richfield…or Richmond…something like that…in Utah. Loved that place! I wanna serve chips in a tin bucket! How cool is that?

photo-13

Yes,definitely. Drink Coca-Cola in bottles…

photo-14

…or in a big giant can from a gas station somewhere on the drive to the Grand Canyon.

photo-15

Elise’s nap on the drive from Grand Canyon to Redlands. Boy, did she need that!

photo-16

The outside temperature in the Mojave Desert at 7:00 p.m. on our drive to Redlands…it actually got up to 113, but my phone was charging, so I didn’t take another picture.

photo-17

Pizza & Chipotle for dinner with the CA DeJong cousins in the hotel in San Diego. Good memories.

photo-18

Oh that sweet little ice cream face…miss you, little guy!

photo-19

All the Ball’s at Disneyland!!!

photo-20

Ball cousins by the fountains at Irvine Spectrum.

photo-21

We were surprised to come home from our trip and find raspberries still being picked! We got to make jam after all! Many thanks to my mom who took all the girls out picking…again!

photo-22

Ed & I had a great anniversary dinner out at The Fork at Agate Bay in south Bellingham. This was my drink…a raspberry wine cocktail. So yummy.

photo-23

Ed’s was prettier, but his was more fruity, which he likes, but I don’t. We’re ok with that.

photo-24

I ordered this soup…broccoli cheese with spiced popcorn. Yep, you read that right. When the waitress described it, I said, “What? With what on top?” And she said, “Spiced Popcorn.” I HAD to try it. You know what? It was perfect. You could totally taste the popcorn, but it was the perfect additional taste to the soup. I never would have guessed!

photo-25

A couple days ago the girls & I took a spontaneous walk to the river. Mostly because I had been working on GEMS stuff all day and was going pretty much insane, plus they were driving me crazy and I was thinking about locking them out of the house, but decided a walk might do me good, too. It ended up to be really fun at first, but didn’t end so well…we picked a few blackberries on our way and then set the bucket down where we entered the riverbed from the road so that we could find out spot again. When we got back there, the bucket and the berries were gone (and yes, we’re sure we were in the right place). Also, on our walk back along the road, Sarah was picking a few more blackberries, but accidentally rubbed up against some kind of stinging nettles and managed to break out in painful hives on the back of her leg. Thankfully, she’s like me and has very sensitive skin, but a little Benadryl and she was much better very quickly.

photo-26

A new favorite past-time anywhere there are rocks is to build rock sculptures…I think that stems from our trip, but it’s pretty fun.

photo-27

Oh boy. Recently an American Girl store opened up at the Alderwood Mall just north of Seattle, so of course we made a trip. It was a big girls’ day out, with a couple hours here and lots of back to school shopping. We had SUCH a fun day together and made great memories!

photo-28

Getting their dolls’ hair done at the doll salon in the American Girl store.

photo-10

And we’ll end with this attractive photo of Becca’s feet up on the back of the passenger seat in the van. Which of course she is NOT supposed to be doing. Why she decided to document her sin, I’ll never know…

2 comments:

Ed said...

Awesome!

Sarah said...

Where's my sculpture mom?
And also, the stinging nettles weren't actually that painful.