Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Before and After

So, for an entire year, I’ve been thinking about my friend Dee’s white candlesticks. She put mini pumpkins on them last fall and I was in love. I wanted some white candlesticks. But I didn’t want to pay for nice, large, white candlesticks.

Finally, finally, I found some tarnished candlesticks at the thrift store for $1.99. They were even from Restoration Hardware, so I knew they were good quality and hefty.

_MG_1603

I’m sure someone out there will be appalled that I didn’t polish and shine them up and use them as they were in their early days. But I had a vision. And so, a little spray-primer and a few coats of white spray paint later…

_MG_1773

Mmmmmm. Love them. They make me smile. Now I should head over to Dee’s to see what else she’s got that I can copy…

3 comments:

Jessica said...

So Cute!

Melissa said...

Very pretty!

DeJongs said...

Seriously jealous of your find. They look very cute.