Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thanksgiving Bowl

Thanksgiving was pretty fun, despite the fact that I was sick and that we had a small crowd. We managed a delicious dinner (so I’m told – I was so stuffed up I couldn’t smell or taste anything), played some games (Cribbage & Catch Phrase – which is pretty much the game we pull out when we have such a crowd of such mixed ages), and then we headed up to Canada for some FIVE PIN BOWLING! We figured the bowling alleys here would be pretty busy and since the Canadians generally come to our neck of the woods, we thought creating some traffic in their country was only fair. Plus, the small balls used in 5-pin are so much easier for the girls to use! My dad won, of course, but we did get the bumpers put up, so I’m pretty sure everyone’s score was higher than it might otherwise have been. The alley we went to was really cool – all decked out like a old-time diner, complete with red & chrome stools, black & white checkerboard floors, and a 65 Chevy on the wall. It was totally empty when we got there and we had a LOT of fun. I had taken some good drugs just before we went so even I was feeling pretty good!

_MG_3163

_MG_3164

_MG_3166

_MG_3167

_MG_3179

_MG_3182

There were some great tunes playing and they just couldn’t keep from dancing!

 

_MG_3183

_MG_3185

And that child had the moves even when she was bowling!

 

_MG_3186

And Ed just couldn’t stop dancing. He’s always like that, you know.

 

_MG_3190

This was apparently so hysterically funny I had to take a picture. I don’t know what it was all about, but when my teenager and pre-teen have a giggle fest together, I don’t question. I just enjoy the moment!

 

_MG_3192

Apparently, this turn did not go as she hoped…

 

_MG_3193

This is how she stood to watch every one of her throws down the lane. Then she danced all the way back afterward, regardless of how many pins she did or did not knock over!

It was a great Thanksgiving and we have SO MUCH to be thankful for!

1 comment:

DeJongs said...

Looks like fun. Wish we could have been there to enjoy it!