Saturday, May 26, 2012

Step eight

Remember step eight of my dress-to-skirt tutorial? Wear to an interview.

At the beginning of this month I interviewed for a different position at school…a real teaching job, part-time, with my own set of students. I really, really, really wanted the job at first. I am so loving being at school and back in the classroom and I thought my own classroom (& the monetary rewards) sounded great. In the last week or so, feeling as overwhelmed as I am with everything going on in life I had thought, “It will be OK if I don’t get the job.” So we decided that whatever job God opened up for me was the one He wanted me to have. I didn’t get the real teaching job. And thankfully, God has given me peace and contentment with that…there’s even a tad bit of relief since I am still feeling overwhelmed, though I do know that feeling is temporary and will disappear after June 10 when GEMS Camp is over. I still don’t know how much of my current job will be available to me, but I am hoping to have at least as much as I have now, if not 1 or 2 more mornings per week. And working another year in the same place will be fun, and easier…though the extra money would have been nice for our plan to move into town. Maybe God doesn’t have that in His plan for us right now. I desperately hope and pray that isn’t true, but if it is, please pray with me that God will give us all contentment with His plan. But with the house thing, as well as with the job thing, we will just walk through whatever door God opens in obedience. Nothing else generally works out very well, anyway.

No comments: