Friday, May 24, 2013

Mother’s Day 2013

I had such a lovely Mother’s Day – despite the cool temps and rain! The day before Ed bought me a beautiful flowering hanging basket for my new front porch and I’m so happy about that because I was concerned that since our new house faces north and doesn’t get much direct sun, I wouldn’t be able to have one that did well. But the lady at the nursery (who also happens to go to our church) told Ed it would do just fine. Yay! I love those Lynden hanging baskets!

I made a Mother’s Day brunch for my Mom & Grandma and the family – fresh fruit & a yogurt dip, raspberry lemon quick bread, and a breakfast casserole with ham, cheese, eggs, and hashbrowns. I also made a breakfast punch – kind of like mimosas, only non-alcoholic, of course! Just Sunny D & Fresca. Sweet & refreshing! But, I neglected to take pictures of the brunch, which is unfortunate, because it was all rather beautiful, if I do say so myself. Had I taken a well-composed picture of the beautifully organized rainbow fruit tray, I’m sure it would have been Pinterest-worthy.

One of my aunts and one of my uncles came for dessert & gifts and to see our new house and it was really a nice afternoon.

But the BEST part of the entire day (& the following days) was this:

notes

These sweet little notes were left all over my house by my sweet girls. I know you can’t read them all on this picture, but I loved it and I love those sweet girls for doing it and hiding them so well! I found most of the notes right away, but there were a few that turned up behind picture frames and in other obscure places for a few days following Mother’s Day.

1-IMG_3577

2-IMG_3581

That’s as good as it gets. But it’s all good.

No comments: