Monday, September 16, 2013

Shopping Trip!

It has become tradition for the Ball girls to take a day in August to go shopping…back to school shopping in particular. We head south (to where the Canadians are fewer and farther between) and stop at various shopping centers. We buy school supplies and clothes, go out to eat, and often stop at Hobby Lobby & the American Girl store. Ed loves it because he gets to work late or come home and be alone at the house for once (although my guess is he didn’t love all the American Express alerts throughout the day every time we bought something…) and we love our day out together and it’s pretty much the one day I say yes a lot. I let them pick out school supplies without worrying too much about the price (though I do refuse the $9.99 pencil box in favor of the 50 cent one) and I let them pick out necessary clothes & shoes, paying attention mainly to the school dress code…we always shop the sales, but I don’t ever say “No, we might find it cheaper somewhere else.” If we like it and it’s reasonable, we get it. It’s a good day.

1-IMG_2391

2-IMG_2392

We had quite a good day this year, as you can see!

No comments: