Saturday, March 15, 2014

Ice, ice baby

I just took some pictures off my camera and found more I sent Sarah out to take the morning of the ice storm.

1-IMG_9020

My poor willow tree. Good thing it’s a hardy one! This tree comes from a branch from my friend’s mom’s yard…she rooted it in water and I planted it in a pot about 3 years ago. It stayed in the pot because I didn’t want to plant it at our old house if we were going to move someday. It never really got very big (gee, I wonder why!?) but when we moved we put it in the corner of our front yard, and it has grown! The ice storm just about snapped the thing in two.

2-IMG_9017

5-IMG_9022

But it didn’t, and it is now happily standing up straight (as straight as a curly willow can be) and there are even tight little buds!

3-IMG_9042

Ice on our “street tree” – the one that is in the strip of grass between the sidewalk and the road.

4-IMG_9043

And some fun icicles on the fence. Surprisingly, we did not have a snow day OR a late start that day…everyone drove to school on sheets of ice. Thankfully by noon it had all melted and while the snow took quite a while to completely disappear, we finally had some spring-like days this past week and now EVERYONE is ready! I even have some daffodils on my mantel!

No comments: