Sunday, October 5, 2014

iPhone August

In the interest of time (because photos from the good camera take longer to do anything…upload, edit, export, save) and trying to get up to date on the blog, I’m just going to finish up the photos from August that are on my iPhone…well, almost all…I’m not including “First day of school” in this post. Because it doesn’t seem right to blog back to school photos when there are still summer photos to be edited.

The week where my brother & his family were here visiting was kind of broken up…we had my SIL and the kids for a few days, then a few days without any of them while they attended a wedding on my SIL’s side of the family, and then we had a few more days with all of them. During that “in between” time, Ed & I got to go out for a belated anniversary dinner (because we were in Yellowstone in the rain on our anniversary) to Johnny Carino’s, an Italian place we LOVE!

01-IMG_4518

I also took the girls on our annual Ball-girls-only-back-to-school-shopping-trip!

02-IMG_4525

03-IMG_4530

It was a good day! Ed likes this day because he gets to work late (& he needs to in order to pay for all that stuff!)

04-IMG_4531

Elise & I had a little coffee date on a Saturday morning. She loved the sprinkles on the whipped cream on the top of her hot chocolate lid.

05-IMG_4784

I sharpened pencils. I love sharp pencils. It made me ready to go back to school.

06-IMG_4786

We hosted a little XC girls going-away-party for Marissa (black tank top) who is off to Calvin College!

07-IMG_4787

08-IMG_4789

09-IMG_4791

I started painting my picnic table.

10-IMG_4793

But the finished project wasn’t until September…so those pics will have to wait! It looks good, though!

11-IMG_4796

We had some fun on the back patio, just together and with neighbors.

12-IMG_4797

13-IMG_4799

14-IMG_4800

I loved this night because we stayed up talking past dark and past when the kids should have been in bed. I hope we can do more of that in the future with our neighbors. Maybe when their adorable two-year-old is a little older and they aren’t so desperate for bedtime…I remember those days! In fact, I still have those days! Teenagers stay up late!

15-IMG_4816

16-IMG_4817

Bethany had a bountiful tomato harvest this year! We made lots of salsa and some homemade pizza sauce that was delicious!

18-IMG_4824

17-IMG_4823

Time with friends from the old ‘hood.

19-IMG_4835

We finally had Bethany’s birthday dessert night – she chose the Lynden Dutch Bakery, so she & I went and picked out some treats and we had them during family movie night! We watched the movie she got for her birthday, “God’s Not Dead.” It was one of our last family movie nights before school started!

20-IMG_4836

No comments: