Friday, April 3, 2015

#gohawks

As you know, the Seattle Seahawks played in the Super Bowl for the second time in as many years this past February. We aren’t really “12’s” as they say…we don’t even have cable so we can’t watch football at our house. But, throughout the season Ed (& sometimes Becca or other Ball girls) would watch the games with my dad at my parents’ house. So when the Hawks made it to the Super Bowl, we joined in the craziness.

IMG_6233

The Friday before the Super Bowl was Blue Friday at school. Elise doesn’t own a Hawks shirt, so I made her this one with puffy paint. It turned out awesome, and she looked so cute!

IMG_6251

Too bad for me the puffy paint all dissolved in the wash!! So now she just has a lime green t-shirt. Oh well, the whole endeavor only cost me about $5, so it was still worth it.

IMG_6268

The girls made our favorite sugar cookies and we decorated them in the traditional blue & green and ate delicious “12” cookies for an entire week.

IMG_6269

And of course you know how all ended…with the pass that “should have been” a run to win the game…but that is all debatable. I don’t claim to know what should or should not have been done, but I do know that the Hawks fans will be there for their team again in just a few short months. Because that’s just how “12’s” roll.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

GO HAWKS!
#gohawks

and how have i been your friend for all these years but i've never tasted said sugar cookies? perhaps i'm not that great of a friend after all?! ;)

Ed / Julie said...

Because we hardly ever make them because I eat the whole batch in a day!

Tamara said...

hahahahaha! well now i know what to ask for when my next birthday rolls around!