Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Tulips 2016

Now don't go getting used to me blogging every day. Those last four or five posts I did all on one day off and just scheduled them for subsequent days. However, today we did go see the tulips and today I will blog about it!!












It was NOT a beautiful day...but we didn't get wet and there were very few people, which is how I like to see the tulips. We got off the freeway at Highway 20 and headed west and turned south on Best Road. Then left on Young Road, I think. Anyway, it was a field we could see from Highway 20 and we could park for free along the road and we took ALL these pictures there!

The tulips are always so beautiful. I wish we could have seen the daffodils as I love them, too. Some tulips fields aren't ready yet, some have been topped already. We didn't pay for Roozengaarde or Tulip Town, at which I'm sure we would have seen even more beauty...but we were quite pleased with what we saw and how much we tiptoed through the tulips and the pictures we took. These are a variety of iPhone & camera pictures.







These two have had quite the special relationship lately. I think Elise is trying to soak up as much Sarah as she can and I think Sarah is realizing Elise is going to change a lot while she's away at college.






I think this photo would have made Ed's mom and Aunt Joanne smile - the kissing Dutch girl & boy.





Apparently wearing boots gives one permission to *not* be careful near mud puddles...


We drove around in the valley quite a bit and saw cool old barns, a few more tulips, beautiful landscapes, and stopped for ice cream at Snow Goose Produce. Sarah & I have been wanting ice cream from there ever since the Ragnar exchange that took place there in July...but no Ragnar runners wanted ice cream then and I sure wasn't going to be the only one in the van eating ice cream. But today, I was too cold, so only the girls got ice cream. And now, let me leave you with this parting thought of wisdom from our tulip adventure:


Be the yellow tulip in a field of red tulips.






No comments: