Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Where to begin?

It's been over two months since I blogged for real. I don't even know where to start or how to start or what to say. So many things have happened! So many wonderful, blessed, things. Disappointing things. And beautiful things. I think I'm going to start with the most recent, since it's fresh in my mind right now, and work my way backwards.

This past Sunday was Sarah's graduation open house - Finally! We have talked and planned and worked for that day for a long time and it was SUCH a good and blessed day. I hardly even have words to describe it, but I'll do my best. :)

Many of my family members arrived in town in the days leading up to the open house. They all graciously helped us out in the final preparations...did you know that 7 adults can accomplish an awful lot in 2 hours??? Wow. I'm so grateful.

Our Sunday began with a celebration of graduates at church.


Our youth directors led a litany, talked about each graduate, and gave them each a verse. Each one was perfect for each graduate. Yuanita talked about Sarah's writing, and her acknowledgement of God as the author of her story. I was impressed with her accurate perceptions of Sarah's personality, strengths, and weaknesses. She chose Hebrew 12:1b-2 for Sarah, "And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God" which was also perfect for Sarah. Each graduate also chose one song for the service. Sarah chose "You are my All in All", which, if you read the verses, is also a perfect picture of who Jesus is to her right now. 

You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all

Seeking you as a precious jewel
Lord, to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all

Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is your name

Taking my sin, my cross,, my shame
Rising again I bless your name
You are my all in all

When I fall down you pick me up
When I am dry you fill my cup
You are my all in alll

Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is your name

After the service, we had cake with our church family downstairs to celebrate all the graduates (8th grade, high school, college, post-graduate) and then hurried home to set up for the party.

Oh, the party! Where to even begin?!?! Had it rained, we would have been stuck either inside my tiny living room, or crowded under 2 10-foot square canopies. But we were blessed with a beautiful day - sunny, not windy, warm, but not hot. We were amazed, humbled, and blown away by the number of people who arrived to love on our Sarah. We were grateful to each one as we reflected their part in helping us to raise Sarah. My heart was filled to overflowing.














2015 Ragnar NW teammates!

I took a few pictures, but eventually just quit and enjoyed the day. I should have taken a few more of some of our out of town guests!! We had people come from all over the county, state, and country! We love them all dearly and are beyond thankful for their support. It was a beautiful day.

After clean-up and opening cards & gifts (which brought us to tears, quite literally, with the amount of undeserving generosity and kind words from our most-amazing community), we headed for a family dinner out to celebrate my parents' retirement. It was a joy to bless them with an evening with some of their favorite people, and no dinner to cook or clean up!




Many tears were shed on this day, but only tears of overwhelming joy.







No comments: