I have to write this blog, just in case my parents happen to check it on their vacation. Mom & Dad - go to bellinghamherald.com or kgmi.com and read about what happened in Lynden today. Apparently a huge fire broke out in the 3rd floor of Delft Square and the building is a total loss. The roof collapsed and as of 3:00 p.m. this afternoon the fire was still not under control and they were just trying to keep the neighboring businesses as safe as possible. They don't believe anyone was still in the building, thankfully.
We did not go to Lynden today because Sarah caught a stomach bug of some sort...don't know if it's a virus or food poisoning or what, but she threw up about 20-30 times in 5 1/2 hours during the night. So, she missed her first day of basketball camp. :( She slept a lot today and is now starting to perk up. I called Grandma to bring in your newspaper from yesterday, but I think the rest of the stuff can wait until tomorrow - considering it rained here about 5 inches today, I think. The report on the fire said that the fire-fighters were aided by the rain.