Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Freaking Out

We had GEMS last night...and I'm doing the 8th grade now in addition to being Head Counselor. I have help with 8th grade, thankfully, but last night I was on my own. I'm sitting there talking to these five 8th grade girls and I'm totally freaking out...this is Sarah in 3 years from now! These girls are all so little and yet so independent and needing to learn how to better think for themselves, and do so intelligently and with a Christian worldview. It makes me hyperventilate just a little bit realizing how much Sarah will have grown up in 3 more years and how parenting her will change over that time. THANK GOODNESS it happens one day at a time, and THANK GOODNESS I don't have to do it on my own. God, Ed, grandparents, teachers, GEMS Counselors, friends, etc....will all help me.

Because by the time we get Elise through those years, I'm going to be very tired. And hopefully very proud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that blog entry. I'm now crying.
By the way, I guarantee it, you will be proud. You have wonderful little girls who will grow to be wonderful young ladies who will grow to be wonderful women.