Saturday, November 8, 2008

It just isn't fair...

...how much fun I had today! Around noon I was able to get away from the house and the chores and headed off for some holiday fun! My first stop was "Full Circle", which is a consignment store here in Everson. They were hosting a Holiday Gift Fair with tons of vendors - quite a lot for Everson, actually! I bought the girls some cute bracelets that benefit the American Cancer Society, so that was cool. That was their little treat I brought for them when I got home for doing their chores without me today. :) My next stop was "Treasury of Memories" in Bellingham. That has to be my favorite place of all time. It's a scrapbooking store, but it is so much more! I love it. Today I initially worked on some Christmas secrets (!!!) and then did some shopping. At 2:00 the real fun began! I was able to be part of their Holiday Open House and I made all the projects you can see here. That was so super fun. I know you're all wondering now which cute project I'm giving to YOU this year! ;)
While I was waiting in line at each of the craft tables, I saw lots more fun holiday crafting ideas and had to do a tad more shopping for both me and for Christmas secrets before heading for home.
Oh, and did I mention the food? Yum. The gals that work of Treasury of Memories can bake some good stuff! They had these bacony, cheesy, eggy, bready litte bites of goodness and then my favorite Christmas cookies of all time. I never make them because they're time-consuming and I would eat every last one, but they are yummy! You can view their recipe and make some for me here.
I came home and things were pretty well under control, thanks to the guiding hand of my wonderful husband. Unfortunately, we finally found the reason for Elise's general grumpiness lately...she must be sick. She was running a fever this evening of over 100 before we got some Motrin in her. We shall see how she is doing in the morning.
I'll leave you with some cute pictures of my girls from our Harvest Party at church last weekend for Reformation Day!
Unfortunately, you can't see Elise's "Island Girl" costume in this picture. She was adorable.

Becca was not about to stick her hand inside that pumpkin to pull the slime out. But she, as is typical of her style lately, is dressed as a princess.
Bethany was cool doing her own pumpkin. She was dressed as Dorothy.
And of course Sarah handled the pumpkin well. She was dressed as Nim from the movie "Nim's Island." If you haven't seen it, you should.



1 comment:

Rachael said...

Sounds like such a fun day! I love the craft projects you made...so cute! Thanks for recipe...I may have to make these for when I give boxes of goodies to friends and family at Christmas.