Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jen!

My sister-in-law Jen is having a birthday on Wednesday, November 5, which is either tomorrow or today, depending on when you read this. I'm writing on Tuesday evening. :) Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEN!!! I got inspired by my friend Dee to write about people on their birthdays. I started with Becca, so I'm going to try to do all family members for the next year, but I make no promises. ;)
Jen is a great sister-in-law! She married my brother, so she's definitely got a patient heart. I remember that she & my brother played their violins at our wedding and it was awesome! They had given us a little preview of the songs they were working on, but then surprised us with a very upbeat version of "Turkey in the Straw" and it was awesome. I've never seen their fingers and elbows move so fast! (I always think of them whenever I hear "Turkey in the Straw", which is rather frequently because one of our children's music CD's has John Lithgow (I think) singing that song on it.) The night before the wedding Jen spent the night on a mattress on the floor of my room and I remember talking and giggling with her quite a lot that night. She even told me my brother was a good kisser! :P
We've had a lot of fun together at family outings and vacations together over the years and though we've never been fortunate enough to live close to each other, she is a good friend and a great aunt to my girls. This picture is pretty recent - of her with my brother and their new baby Elias. I think I've posted this picture before, after Elias was born, so I made it B&W this time, just for something different. Anyway, I hope you have a great birthday, Jen! And we'll be praying for a safe flight to Maryland for you & Elias on Thursday! I hope your visit is relaxing and wonderful!

Posted by Picasa