Friday, November 21, 2008

Prayer Request and birthdays...

First off, a prayer request for one of my GEMS Counselors who is having surgery down south this morning. It's going to be a long day and a long recovery process for her, but it is all for good.

Happy Birthday to my friend Tami's little girl who was 3 this past Wednesday! I wish we lived closer so we could get to know you better...but I know you'll be a great big sister this spring!

Happy Birthday to my friend Beth's daughter who was 12 yesterday! I can't believe it. I'm so glad this year is going better for you. Your gift will be on its way in about a week...after Sarah gets a chance to work on a card. :)

Happy Birthday to my friend Shelly's daughter who is 3 today and to my friend Lea's son who is 1 today! Your moms are good friends of mine and I hope as you guys grow up our families will continue to be friends.

Today is my (Julie) birthday! I'd like to thank my mom for giving me life on this day, 35 years ago. My mom is great, everybody thinks so, especially me. I'm a better mom every day because of her. Thanks, Mom.



This picture is from either her birthday or Mother's Day - I'm not sure which because those two events are so close together. Anyway, here she is with all my girls, who love their grandma.

I shared this birthday for 21 years with my Grandpa DeJong. He's been gone a long time now, but he is still missed.

Have a great day, everyone!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, sweetie!

Melissa said...

Happy (late) Birthday Julie! Hope you had a nice day celebrating with family. Did you get or do anything special?

Ed / Julie said...

You weren't late saying Happy Birthday. I started writing the blog on Thursday night, but didn't post it until Friday, which was my birthday. I thought if I posted it on Friday, that would be the date at the top, but it posted the date I started it! We did have a nice day - dinner out and the 6th grade musical at LC and then a breakfast with my girlfriends from church this morning (Saturday). Thanks! See ya!

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday a day late. Hope you had fun celebrating your special day. I know that I as well as everyone who knows you appreciates the fact that you were born and that you are a part of their lives. You are truly a special person!

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday, again! I forgot that you were born on your Grandpa DJ's b-day... I was born on my Grandpa K.'s. The birthdays in our family are a bit uncanny, aren't they? M&D have the same birthdays as my Grandma & Grandpa W.; now Elias shares the date with Dad and my grandfather; Rebecca & Grandma DJ...

Jennifer said...

P.S. Just noticed how I referred to Becca... I must be feeling formal today. :)