Monday, November 17, 2008

Proverbs for Parents and other random thoughts

These are from the December issue of Parenting Magazine:

A Binky in the hand is worth two under the car seat.
Wow. Or under the crib.

All's well that ends in a nap.
Especially if mom gets a nap, too.

I paid $1.93/gallon for gas today. When was the last time you paid less than $2/gallon for gas? I'll tell you. March 2004. The national average in the United States was LESS than $2/gallon for gas. My source? The trusty Internet.

Tonight at GEMS I did a lesson on worry and peace with my 8th graders. It was a typical lesson, though the girls really shared a lot and it was some seriously good bonding time. Then they got to go on the traditional outing for this lesson...to McDonalds. Why McDonald's? Well, the slogan for this lesson is "Don't worry, Eat a McFlurry!" I did teach them to pray first and eat ice cream second. I promise. :)

No comments: