Thursday, January 8, 2009

Good news!

1. We did not float away! We did not even get wet!

2. We got an e-mail from the Canon Repair Site and they have received our broken camera and have "accepted" the opportunity to repair it for us. The e-mail also said it would be on its way back to us in 7 days! Woo-hoo!

Because these are the kind of lame pictures that our old camera takes:

DSC09492

I had to stand about 14 feet above her to get that shot without the wide angle lens of my good camera. And see how her pencil is all wiggling back & forth? Hate that.

She's working on a game board project for Social Studies; using her new art set that she got for Christmas. She's been using that art set a lot today (no school due to floods).

Anyway, I got bored and fiddled with some features on the old camera that I had never tried. What do you think of these?

DSC09488

That one is called "solarize."

And this:

DSC09489

is called "neg art." Wild, don't ya think?

I can't wait to have my good camera back. I hope it's soon! And I really can't wait for Ed to walk in the door some day with my new DSLR! ;)

3. The third bit of good news is that Sarah is going to have her basketball practice today! She hasn't had practice since...Dec. 11 because of inclement weather. No games, no practice, nothing. She hasn't even been able to play outside on our hoop because of the weather. Therefore...we are excited and happy to get started with basketball again!

No comments: