Thursday, June 25, 2009

A few more...

random thoughts, that is...

*no new pictures yet. I'm out of memory on my laptop.
*my great husband bought an external hard drive or something like that so he can save my pictures until I'm ready to use them.
*once he unloads my laptop, I can upload my pictures and post some cool stuff.
*unfortunately, he's got such a bad toothache, I'm afraid it may be a few more days.
*he woke up with the toothache during the night, thinking he must have been grinding his teeth.
*it got progressively worse during the day, so he called his dentist, thinking he probably needs to finally have those wisdom teeth extracted.
*got an appointment for July 15, but a consultation with an oral surgeon for July 2.
*both of those seem too far away now, as nothing, not even four ibuprofen and some excedrin, even come close to touching the pain
*and ice makes it worse
*so he'll be calling again tomorrow and we'll see what happens then
*so if you don't mind, say a prayer for his pain and whatever he'll have to go through in the next few days
*cause I don't really have time for him to be incapacitated ;)

*I'm suffering from bad mom syndrome...didn't send a raincoat with Sarah to camp...and it's been raining for two days...didn't send bug spray with Sarah to camp...and killed a mosquito in my bedroom...I cannot wait for that child to come home on Saturday so that I can put cortisone on her bug bites, warm her in a blanket, and hug her forever. I miss her a lot.

*swimming lessons are going great...Elise is proud to just accomplish "stay by your teacher" and "listen to your teacher". She needs no introduction to the water - she's fearless as some of you may recall. But she's having a blast. Becca is proud to be the only one in her class to jump in like a "big girl." Translation: from a standing position, into the water, with no help whatsoever. Bethany thinks the survival float is hard. From her description, it sounds hard. I thought it was the new politically correct term for dead man's float. But it sure sounds a lot more complicated than floating on your back was when I was a kid. But I guess that's a good thing...it's supposed to be how to survive after all. But she is proud to be the best back stroker in her class.

*garage sale coming up this weekend...hoping for no rain...not only for the sake of the garage sale but for the sake of the berries. It's time to have some more strawberries in this house and to get some frozen for our future smoothies and other yummy treats. My lovely mother takes the girls berry picking and then I freeze the berries they pick. It's a great arrangement if you ask me. I think she agrees...but she doesn't want to take them in the rain...I can't blame her...I don't want to take them in the sun or the rain.

*all done

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Mmm, berries. Don't forget to tell Mom to hang onto her keys.

Rachael said...

What kind of external hard drive did you get? One that you would recommend?

Ed / Julie said...

Jen - Mom says she's giving an extra key to one of the girls to put in their pocket. ;) Rachael - apparently I was wrong. It's an internal hard drive. Ed has some kind of device that allows him to plug it in and use as an external hard drive. I still don't know enough about it to recommend it as a way to store pictures. I think it's going to be very annoying, actually, to not have pictures at my disposal on my computer, but there's apparently no other way around it. :P