Tuesday, June 16, 2009

So much for the pictures

Look what happened to dear sweet Elise today

IMG_5760

Actually, it doesn’t look as bad as it did when it happened. See the goose egg on her forehead above her right eye? She did that at the park today. My 3-year-old seems to think she can do everything her big sisters can do and tried to leap from the platform up to the monkey bars and grab the monkey bars with her hands in order to hang from the bars. Well, of course, she couldn’t hold herself when she did grab the monkey bars, so she fell to the ground and smacked her forehead on the nearby upright post. That bump on her head was twice as deep as it is in this picture and a dark purple and that happened almost immediately. I had my steel water bottle with ice water with me, so I put that against it right away, but within about 2 minutes she was fine and wanting to try her stunt again! I’m telling you, this child has determination. (I like that better than saying she’s stubborn...though I may have to concede that she’s hard-headed ;) ).

Anyway, I thought maybe I’d have to take her to the doctor, but my friend Amy said her kids had bumps like that before and they were fine, so we’re going with that. And she has been fine all evening…animated, in fact. However, I was planning to take Elise’s 3-year-old pictures tomorrow. Maybe not…

In other news

IMG_5756

I finished one of the projects on my list! I used to have collages of the girls at age two-months on this wall, but then I needed those frames in the living room instead because they match the new “theme” I’m doing in there, so then I had to figure out something new to do with the girls’ baby pictures. I had Elise & Becca’s both on my computer because we had digital for both of those. For Sarah’s & Bethany’s, I took a picture of one of the pictures on their collages and cropped them and blew them up to 8x10 and then made them all a “chocolate black & white” and then had them printed at Costco. Elise’s is still a little dark, but I’ve already printed hers a few times (long story, no need to go into that here) and so I’m living with it for now. Anyhow, I mod-podged the photos onto 8x10 artist canvas (which was 40% off when I bought it!) and viola! A new display of sweet baby faces. (That’s Monday’s PotD).

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Poor Elise. She & Isaac look alike right now with their bumps on their heads. He crashed and fell into a chair the other day and now has a huge bruise on his head. It's scary when it swells up like that and your not sure what to do about it. Love the b&w pictures of the girls. Adorable!

Melissa said...

I really like the pictures as well! Neat idea, where do you come up with all this creativity? :)

Ed / Julie said...

I saw the idea on a friend's blog and I just modified it a bit to suit what I had. I wanted to try it now to see if it's something I might want to incorporate into Christmas gifts later.