Thursday, October 22, 2009

Funny Story, Plus…

On Monday, Elise was looking through her baby book. She saw a picture of me, very pregnant with her. As in, the day before Elise was born. Very. Pregnant. Elise said to me, “Mommy, is that me in your tummy?” I said, “Yep, it sure was!” She gave me a little grin, as if she knew she was about to say something that would make me laugh, and said, “Did that feel weird to have me in your tummy, mommy?”

Yes, Elise, it felt weird.

Little do you know.

_MG_3610

Sarah stayed home from school Monday& Tuesday with the fever/cough thing. Probably H1N1, but we don’t know for sure. She wasn’t very sick for being sick. She didn’t even oink. Ha ha. Couldn’t resist. She wasn’t allowed at school with a fever, so she hung out for a couple days. She finished this:

_MG_3608

Anybody recognize that backyard? Hint: It’s not ours.

Last winter I came up with one of the best organizational ideas I’ve ever had.

_MG_3614Using a mesh shoe organizer for hats and gloves and scarves. It has 6 rows. Our family has 6 people. It’s mesh. Hats and gloves are sometimes wet. It hangs on the door to the laundry room. When someone outgrows something, it just goes to the row below. See how many ways that is pure genius? Love it. Got it out again this week. Cold weather is coming. Plus, I needed the stuff. I have to go to two pumpkin patches in the cold rain tomorrow on field trips. Oh, oh! Guess what the next blog post will be? ;)

Bethany finished her first major 4th grade project.

_MG_3617 

She’s mighty proud of that extra credit leaf collection.

Tell me this, why on earth is a leaf collection extra credit? Should not every 4th grader make a leaf collection? If it’s not being done in any other grade, why is it extra credit and not required? Makes no sense to me. Leaf collections are definitely on the top ten list of things that must be completed before Junior High. Also on the list (IMHO) are: rock collections, a major book report, tying one’s own shoelaces in a double knot in such a way that they do not come loose, and spreading peanut butter on bread. This list is not exhaustive. I reserve the right to add to it at any time.

No comments: