Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jen!

My SIL Jen is celebrating her birthday today! I won’t tell you how old she is except to say that she is younger than me. :P  Over the many years that Jen has been part of our family, we have not had the privilege of actually residing in the same town, but we make the most of all our visits together. Jen is smart and compassionate and is the only woman that ever made my brother smile. I remember the night before Ed & I got married (& I might have blogged this before), she was spending the night in my bedroom, along with a couple of my bridesmaids. I had my nice big double bed all to myself and a bunch of college-aged girls sprawled out on mattresses and blankets on my floor. Good grief. Who did I think I was, the bride? Hee hee.

But I digress. We were having girl-talk late into the night and I remember asking her if my brother was a good kisser. I didn’t even know if they had kissed yet since their relationship was fairly new, but I really wanted to know. Jen giggled just a little and said, “Yes.” It still kinda grosses me out, but I will never forget it. ;)

Jen is now an incredible mom to one of my nephews whom I adore and miss every day. We are so thankful that she & my brother finally took the plunge into parenthood because they are great at it and they made an amazing little boy.

_MG_9775Happy Birthday, Jen! We all love and miss you lots!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well, if you were going to be grossed out by the answer, why did you ask the question? :)

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Ed / Julie said...

It's kind of like knowing your parents kiss. You want them to, and you want them to want to, but it is still kind of gross to think about. :)