Saturday, November 7, 2009

I have arrived.

Friday night was “Set Night” for Sarah’s 6th grade musical. What that means is that all the director’s ideas for the sets and stage come together and are put into place so that the 6th graders can practice for real 5 more times before the first performance. I decided to thank all the people who were coming to help by baking my mom’s famous chocolate chip cookies. You may remember the Last Time I made them. My girls said they were better than grandma’s. So Friday night was the real test because my dad was going to be at set night and would be eating the cookies.

_MG_3939 They look pretty good, right? Do you know what my dad said about them? He was down the aisle and he held it up in the air and said “Jul! Heir Apparent!”

Wow.

To be heir apparent to the cookie queen according to my dad?  That is as good as it gets. I have arrived. What more could I possibly want out of life?

 

 

 

 

_MG_3932

Hm. Yes. Starbucks.

Starbucks has brought out their seasonal red cups. Along with the red cups come such yummy goodies as Peppermint Mochas and Thanksgiving Blend coffee.

So, two things that made me happy. Starbucks and Heir Apparent.

_MG_3943 A third thing that has made me very happy each and every time I crawl into it lately is my lovely bed. I only wish I could spend more time there.

_MG_3935 Next on the happy list for the week is this cookbook I found at the thrift store’s Christmas open house. I {heart} Gooseberry Patch cookbooks. This one is full of delicious seasonal recipes and ideas for cookie gifts and such. So, if you are on my list of people who will receive baked goods from us this Christmas, you will also benefit from this purchase!

_MG_3936 I’m sure you’re wondering why my broken windmill is on my list of things that make me happy. Well, at first, I was very sad. Our windstorms this week wreaked havoc on my poor windmill. And I {heart} my windmill. But, what made me happy is that my dear husband went out in the pouring down rain when he saw it and he fixed it. I {heart} my husband.

_MG_3959 I was not lying about the pouring down rain.

_MG_3966_MG_3964 It was raining so hard in the middle of the day that it was almost dark outside. I had to turn my ISO waaaaay up on my camera in order to get these pictures…which is why they’re kind of grainy.

_MG_3914 These cuties also helped add to my happiness this week.

No comments: