Saturday, November 28, 2009

I'm sure you had to be here.

It was hilarious, but I'm sure that as I write the story, something of the hilarity will be lost in the translation.

Tonight at dinner, I noticed that Bethany was wearing a different shirt than she was this morning. I had no idea when she changed or why. I said, "Is that different shirt you're wearing?" She started to giggle. And you know what happens when Bethany giggles. It's kind of (very) hard for her to stop the giggling. Anyway, she says "Because my sleeve got wet" and I ask how her sleeve got wet (why I asked that, I do not know). She answers that she turned the water on and stuck her arm under the water. By now all of us, except for Ed, are giggling. I think Ed is just not sure what to do when the five girls in this house get the giggles all at the same time. So I can just tell that there is a lot more to this story and I ask Bethany, through the laughing, to further explain why and how her sleeve got wet. So she tells me, giggling the whole time, that she had hair wrapped around her tongue and it was stuck and so she thought...maybe water would get it off.

Seriously.

I cannot control the giggles - I am now laughing so hard that I am crying and what's even funnier to me is that everyone else has stopped laughing because they are aghast at the fact that I can hardly stay on the chair I am laughing so hard. Apparently I need to laugh more.

Like I said, I'm sure you had to be here.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I love it when I get the giggles like that and it's got to be even funnier and make you have even more giggles when you have little girls surrounding you that have the giggles. Too funny. Sometimes it's just good to have a good laugh :)