Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gratituesday

Today I am thankful that hair grows back.

Over the weekend, my dear Valentine had a little malfunction on his trimmer while trimming his beard. So. The beard had to go. The skin on his chin hadn’t seen the light of day in over 11 years. The kids have never really seen him without it, except in pictures. As you can imagine, there was much drama as the shave continued.

_MG_8502 Bethany couldn’t watch.

_MG_8504 Becca couldn’t believe her eyes.

_MG_8505 Sarah couldn’t believe the face that was emerging.

_MG_8506 Elise couldn’t believe Daddy got shaving cream on his ears.

_MG_8508 And there it goes.

_MG_8524 He’s still handsome, and reminds me more of his mother without it, but I miss it and am grateful that hair grows back.

2 comments:

michele said...

What a cute post Julie -- and your photos are so neat. What kind of camera do you have? I see your photography research/ knowledge is paying off too!
Ed looks great without a beard too!
Enjoy your week. love, Michele

Ed / Julie said...

Thanks, Michele. I have a Canon Rebel and LOVE it. I still have a lot of trouble with indoor photos -still hoping to get an exterior flash one of these days.