Monday, February 15, 2010

My first photo walk

This past Friday, Melissa & I went on our first photo walk. Besides our husbands sharing a car to work every day, we share a love of photography. Melissa’s photos always inspire me.

Melissa & I have been walking for exercise frequently, but when we had the opportunity to walk sans a stroller, we took our cameras along for a photo walk. The day was dark & gray, but we did OK and got a good walk in as well. Here’s a few of my favorites:

_MG_8444 _MG_8459_MG_8468 _MG_8476 Anybody know what this is? The leaves look like holly, but there are those little yellow pods/berries. Is that what happens to holly berries eventually? Or is it another variety of holly? Or something completely different?

_MG_8484_MG_8491_MG_8497

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful photos! I love the close ups of the house, river and berries! Try looking up Chinese Yellow Holly. It has the smooth leaves like the one we saw. There were also a couple American varieties with yellow berries but with more pointy edges.

You have PS Elements right, can you do presets in that program?

Ed / Julie said...

I do not know about presets. I have "actions" that other people wrote that I downloaded, installed and can apply and adjust. Is that what you mean?

Melissa said...

Yes, I believe they are similar :) Cool, just wondering.

Ed / Julie said...

I did use a "Chocolate Black & White" action on the house picture. I love that action.