Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Birthday, Sarah!

On this day, 12 years ago, Ed & I became parents of a most precious child of God. She was a perfect baby, a smart and funny toddler, and generally gave us the impression that we were the best parents on the face of the earth. Thankfully, we know better now.

Now that she is a pre-teen, I hardly know what to feel. There she is, a loving friend, a giving daughter, a caring big sister, a basketball player, a pianist, a flutist, an artist, an author, with a heart striving to be a follower of Jesus, and I cannot wait to see what God has in store for her life; and at the same time, my heart aches at the thought that she has only 6 more years at home before heading off to college. I pray that her love for God continues to grow, that she continues to have a positive outlook on life, and that she remains sweet throughout the potentially tumultuous teenage years ahead.

Happy Birthday, Sarah! We love you so much!!!!IMG_4501_MG_0266

2 comments:

Tamara said...

happy birthday to a wonderful babysitter!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY B-DAY SARAH!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Holly