Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Gratituesday

Last night, Bethany & I counted up how many days are left in this school year. Know how many? Twenty-five and a half, including today! “Ha---le-lu-jah!” That makes me so happy! That’s only about 66 more school lunches to pack!

But honestly, I cannot wait for summer…sleeping in, hanging out in the yard, talking to neighbors, going to parks and the beach, staying up late, baseball, apple pie, hot dogs, and Chevrolet…uh…wait. That’s a commercial.

But anyway, now that the kids are older and more self-sufficient and useful as far as helping out around the house, summer is awesome. And NOW that I have a built-in babysitter…well, it can only get better, right? Plus, Sarah only has six summers left before the summer of 2016 when Ed takes his 3-week-long Logos sabbatical (a benefit after 20+ years with the company)and we tour the entire East Coast before dropping her off at Calvin for her freshman year there. Yep. Got it all planned out. But that is a surprise to no one reading this blog, except for blog stalkers who don’t actually know me.

Anyhoo, I’m guessing that about, oh, August 12 or so, I’ll be writing a Gratituesday post about the fact that there are only 25 days left until the first day of school because my days will again be peaceful. I try to appreciate wherever we’re at. That’s why my favorite season is always the one we’re in. Except that this hail and wind we’re having this May is a little nuts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Ball~
I think you might have kinda messed something up on your blog-post. You will have to make a roadtrip of Sioux Center, IA to drop Sarah off at the one and only...DORDT!!!
Holly

michele said...

Love this entry! Summer time here we come!