Saturday, May 1, 2010

Life

Regular life, plus extra life stuff, has been happening at lightning speed lately. Here’s our life in pictures of late:

_MG_1179soft faded I couldn’t believe it. I took pictures off my camera and still had Michigan pictures! If you want to see pictures of the new gym at Calvin, let me know. I have a TON. I am still hoping to get a picture of my four college friends when we had lunch, but am waiting for that to be emailed to me. In the meantime, here’s my cute nephew again on the cute horse I bought him. I have since been informed that this horse is worth a ton on ebay. So I hope my brother & sister-in-law NEVER SELL IT! It’s an HEIRLOOM, people! ;)

_MG_1195 Oh my, Sarah’s birthday! Here she is with her present from her Grandpa F…Nancy Drew computer games! Awesome!

_MG_1209 So excited about the doll for her doll. If you have American Girl dolls in your house, you know what I mean.

_MG_1219 And the Science Fair project! She did an awesome project testing potential toxic substances that sometimes get dumped down the drains that lead to the nearby streams. She wanted to see what would do the most damage. She did an incredibly awesome job and was told that the judges wanted to give her an “honorable mention” except that there was no such thing. The reason she didn’t win was because her experiment was “hard to measure”. Hm. I thought it was awesome and totally measurable and she totally worked super hard on it. But what do I know? I’m just a mom. And a teacher. ;)

_MG_1221 The night of the Science Fair was also Open House in the elementary school. Here’s Becca in her classroom in front of their Good Friday and Easter projects.

_MG_1227 Bethany with the scrapbook she made celebrating our school’s centennial. She came straight from soccer practice to the Open House.

_MG_1229 Sarah chose Applebee’s for her birthday dinner. We had a great time and we used coupons! Always a good idea when you’re feeding six people at a restaurant…

_MG_1230 Treat bags for Sarah’s birthday party with her friends (a roller skating party).

_MG_1240 This is Becca sleeping with her Easter present from her one of her potential husbands-to-be, Sam. Apparently Sam wanted to buy the bunny at the thrift store, but Sam’s mom said, “I will only buy that for you if you give it to Becca.” Thank you very much. I’m not sure what I did to deserve that…but I’m open to suggestions for payback. :) Be afraid, Dee. Be very afraid.

_MG_1248 Neon-rainbow cupcakes for Sarah’s party.

_MG_1250 Sarah and her friends at the party. Two couldn’t come, but these girls were great and they had a ton of fun!

_MG_1266It was the year for footwear for Sarah! Her feet are ginormous and she needed shoes. She got shoes, heelies, AND two pairs of flip flops. She really loves these shoes. Don’t they just yell “I’m twelve and too cute”? :)

_MG_1300 Preschool field trip to the fire station!

_MG_1311_MG_1323 _MG_1331 The fire men always ask the kids to help clean the fire truck. It’s 30 years old and they have to take really good care of it. So, they definitely need the preschoolers help. It’s great.

_MG_1342 _MG_1344

 _MG_1411 We actually had sunshine for Bethany’s game today! It was by far the best day we’ve had out there. Bethany’s team won again. They’ve won all but one game. Next week starts the Whatcom Cup tournament, so that should be fun.

Becca had her first soccer game this morning, but it was rainy, so I didn’t take my camera. I’ll be sure to get photos of her soon. THAT child actually has some keen soccer instincts and really loves it and is fairly aggressive. They didn’t win today, but the one goal her team had was scored by the aforementioned Sam. He’s a good kid, even if his momma tries to say otherwise and sets him on the porch to find a new home. ;)

_MG_1428 I FINALLY had the chance to plant some flowers and assorted plants around the yard. I still need to get lots more color into pots and such, but it felt great to do just a little beautifying around the yard. I would have had more pictures, but the battery on my camera went dead at this point and that’s when I realized I hadn’t taken the pictures off since April 19. I think that might just be a record.

Whew. That’s the last half of April in a very small nutshell. Trust me, that was small compared to what it could have been…

3 comments:

The Mom said...

So, the flea and lice treatments must have worked on the giant stuffed bunny. Good work Dee. And, I would suggest a real, live bunny as 'pay backs' for her Julie. Talk to me, I know where you could get one...
-Lea

Ed / Julie said...

Eeeewww! Leeeee-aaaaaa! In that case, how about 2 or 3 live bunnies?

michele said...

I love the cupcakes photo!! Your girls are so so cute!