Tuesday, September 21, 2010

First XC Meet

What an exciting day and what a proud mama I am today! It was such a thrill to see my daughter, wearing a Lyncs uniform, with a smile on her face, compete on a school team. I couldn’t be prouder of her for trying something out and giving 100%!

_MG_8403 There’s the team before the race. She was just jumping up and down with excitement. It was the cutest thing!

_MG_8441 All the Lyncs are on the far right. Next to them are the girls from Assumption. We kept thinking the Assumption girls were also LC girls. Their uniforms have the same design as the LC uniforms used to have when my brothers ran and my mom and I kept cheering for Assumption accidentally.

_MG_8442First time we saw her come through the woods. She looked good and she kept smiling at us. I thought she might actually wave. She’s such a sweetie. I have to tell her to focus on the running…

_MG_8446 Nearing the finish line. She’s right with the #1 runner from her school.

_MG_8453 Almost to the end…she was about a half step behind her teammate by the time they crossed the finish line and they were near the front finishers. We don’t know her time yet, but I’ll be sure to post it when we do!

Way to go, Sarah! I am so proud of you!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

i'm proud of her, too! way to go, Sarah! anyone that runs cross country impresses me. i haven't the patience, endurance or desire to try such an activity (there was a SHORT time in my life when i enjoyed running - some days i wish i still liked it)!