Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Birthday, DH!

I recently posted a gushy post about Ed on our anniversary, so I thought I should do something different than write about all the wonderful things about Ed…but consider yourself warned…this may be a tear-jerker…

To my mother-in-law, Jean:

Thank you for my husband. Thank you for giving birth to him, for loving him, and cuddling him as a baby. Thank you for raising him to love the Lord, to take care of his family, and to take pride in his work. Thank you for encouraging his strengths and for not letting him sink into his weaknesses. Thank you for making him stronger than he thought he could be. Thank you for providing strong role models for him through yourself, your church, and your family. Thank you for giving him to me.

We think of Ed’s mom often, and miss her lots. We are grateful for the time we had and jealous of the time we missed. We are thankful she is no longer in pain and that we will see her again one day in Glory. But I am most grateful on this day for her gift of her son to me.

_MG_8456 _MG_8458 _MG_8459 _MG_8460 _MG_8461 _MG_8462 

Happy Birthday, Love. You are a gift.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sounds like an amazing Woman!! What a beautiful post.